: Ballast is permitted. Hanging weights may not extend more than 60 inches from the centerline of the front axle. Batteries
: The batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in the driver compartment or forward of the radiator core support. Block
: A filled block is permitted. Body
: The body must be an OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. The body and truck bed must retain full factory sheet metal. Metal aftermarket hoods are permitted. Fiberglass is prohibited. The hood must be closed and securely latched while the vehicle is hooked to the sled. The complete OEM firewall and complete OEM floor pan is mandatory. Brakes
: Four-wheel hydraulic brakes are mandatory. Chassis
: The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back-half conversions, tube chassis, etc., are prohibited. Cooling System
: Radiators must be in the vicinity of the stock location and be of at least stock size. Credentials
: All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license. Driveline
: An OEM transmission and transfer case is mandatory. They must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup. Must have blow proof bells/blankets. Driver Restraint System
: The OEM restraint system is mandatory and must be worn. Driveshaft Loops
: All trucks must have a minimum of six-inch wide u-joint shields around the rear u-joint constructed of at least 1/4 inch steel or 3/8 inch aluminum that will safely contain the u-joint and the end of the rear shaft. Engine
: The engine block must have been available as a factory option on a one-ton or smaller pickup truck. Blocks must circulate coolant freely. Water pumps must be present, but may be powered electrically. Electric fans are permitted. Aftermarket radiator assemblies are permitted, but must be securely mounted in the same area as the OEM unit. Differentials no larger than 11.5” Diameter. Classes will be 2.5 / 2.6. No bushed blowers from 2.8—3.0. ?
- Vehicle must appear inspectable. Lights, fenders, glass in place.
- Weights no further than 60” from center of front axle.
- Any exhaust permitted.
- Aftercoolers cooled by ice permitted.
- Solid suspension permitted.
: All vehicles must be equipped to direct exhaust upward including stock exhaust systems. Hood stacks are permitted. Two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be installed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the turbo as is practical. Hood stack exhaust must be at least 6” above closed position of the hood. Fire Extinguisher System
: A fire extinguisher system is permitted. It must be securely mounted. Fuel
: The fuel must be pump #1/#2 diesel only. Soy/Bio-diesel fuel is permitted. Off-road diesel fuel is prohibited. Fuel tank must in O.E.M location or an approved racing type fuel cell mounted properly in the bed. Fuel Injection Pump
: The fuel injection pump is limited to a stock-appearing, OEM engine make-specific pump only. Dual high-pressure common-rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted. Harmonic Balancer
: All engines turning 4500 RPM and higher must be equipped with a harmonic balancer or damper meeting SFI Spec 18.1. Hitch
: The hitch must be a receiver-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle. Any hitch attachments/bracing must be from frame down not from axle up. The hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26” on 4WD units & on 2WD units hitch is 30.” The hooking point must be the rear-most point on the vehicle & must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. Final decision of legality of all hitches resides with TRACK OFFICAL(S). Trick hitches are prohibited. Ice Water Intercoolers
: Ice water intercoolers are allowed. Interior
: A complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliner, etc., is mandatory. Two matching front seats are mandatory. Aftermarket seats are permitted; they must be fully upholstered. Must have full back and head rests on seats. All factory controls (lights, signals, horn, windows, wipers, etc.) must be retained and operative. Rear End
: Non-OEM rear-end housings are prohibited. The rear end must have been an option on a 1-ton or smaller truck. Rear axle bolts to be covered by a cap or shield. Steering
: The vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain the original OEM power steering assistance, if it was so equipped. Additional stabilizers are permitted. May use hydraulic assist but retain full operational OEM steering gear. Street Equipment
: Complete headlight and taillight assemblies (all) are mandatory and must be operative. Complete OEM windshield and windows are mandatory. Windows must be operative per factory specifications; that is, they must open and close via OEM electrical or mechanical means. Driver’s window must be completely rolled up while competing. Other windows on truck may be lowered. Suspension
- Front: The factory suspension configuration must be retained. The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be in the factory location. Adjustable caster/ camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided factory-mounting points to chassis are maintained. The lower mounting point for the strut assembly may be modified for improved caster or camber. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted.
- Rear: An OEM-style suspension is mandatory. Traction bars and devices are permitted; they must be bolt on only; welds are permitted for attachment to frame or axle housing. Control arms may be strengthened or replaced, provided all original mounting points are retained. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, limit straps, and camber kits are permitted. The rear suspension may be bolted solid to eliminate travel. All rear suspensions must use at least one working shock absorber per wheel.
: The tires must be DOT street tires. Cut tires are prohibited. Throttle
: The use of a hand throttle is allowed. All throttles will have a dead man throttle that will automatically return to a closed position. Throttles will work in a forward to reverse motion, forward being open. Two springs will be required on the hand throttle and one spring on the fuel injection pump. Transfer Case
: Non-OEM transfer cases are prohibited. It must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pick up truck. Transmission
- Automatic: Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket torque converters, valve bodies and internal components are permitted. Transmission brakes are prohibited. Any non-OEM floor-mounted automatic transmission shifter must be equipped with a spring-loaded positive reverse lockout device to prevent the shifter from accidentally being put into reverse gear. A functional neutral safety switch is mandatory. All transmission lines must be metallic or high-pressure-type hose. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be labeled accordingly. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must extend from the rear of the block to the front of tail housing with a minimum six-inch overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket-type shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufacturers instructions) 3/4 inch by 1/8 inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a flex plate meeting a Minimum SFI Spec 29.1 and be covered by a flex plate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1
- Manual: Non-OEM transmissions are prohibited. Aftermarket internal components are permitted. A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more. All manual transmissions must be clutch assisted. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and equipped with a manual transmission must have a flywheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attached SFI 4.1 or 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bell housing; it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum six inch overlap where it is fastened.
: The vehicle is limited to a single turbocharger; Inducer bore limits: 2.5 Class = 2.512; 2.6 Class = 2.612. Inlet measured with plug or internal calipers. A stock map width enhancement (MWE) groove is allowed. No MWE groove will be allowed that has a width greater than 1/4 inch. All provisions allowing air to the wheel other than via the bore and the MWE groove are prohibited. 6.4 liter Powerstroke engines may utilize the factory twin-turbo configuration.